09 September, 2009

09/09/09

The day began - all rainy, grey and wet
And through it all, I was rather inept.
The alarm which was set, did ring
I put it off and overslept !!

A while later, I was boxed
What’s in there ? I was foxed
Two boxes lay in wait
Waiting for me to take the bait

A giggle here, A giggle there
Two little voices piped “What’s in there ?”
Boxes to open, treasures to find
Oh ! What did they have, for me, lined ?

A sleek, black rectangle shone
Encased in its plastic dome
A world of music lay in wait and winked :)
With Songs and tunes which Vic had synced :)

The bigger rectangle now was open
Its contents pouring forth in gay abandon
Macademia and Pecan were thrilled
My eyes had quite some filled
For there he was, smiling as ever
The remover of obstacles, The Supreme Benefactor !

The phone began to ring,
And has been ringing
Relentless and Persistent, the calls came in
Countless wishes came ringing in

All filled with love and cheer
Voices of all those near and dear
Left my heart feeling all fuzzy and warm
Within my mind – they raised a sweet storm.

Wishes on Facebook and SMS’s today
All of you really made my day !

The icing on top of the cake, they say
As it turns out, was on its way
Three dearest friends, it seems had planned
To find a way to fox me – a plot they’d fanned

Landed in my email box, colourful as a fiddle
All cheery and vibrant – three little riddles
T’was fun to crack them and be on my way
To see what it was that these three had to say

To end this ode, all I can say to each and every one of you
From the very bottom of my heart, I Thank You !!




Like G.K.Chesterton once said

"I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought ; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder."

post signature

33 voice(s) said so:

Itchingtowrite said...

happy birthday to you!

Poppy said...

Happy Birthday Gauri! I was puzzled when I saw the ditty on Kodi's blog :) Then I saw the same on Tara's blog and got here.

Maggie said...

Happy Birthday Gauri! What lovely way to start the day. Hope it's a great day!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Gauri!

Your Lilypie tracker tells me that Macademia is also 9 years, 9 months old today.

Something about the number 9!

Cheers,
Blossom

choxbox said...

Happy budday G!

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I read your blog occassionally. Wish you a happy birthday

Many happy returns
Gayatri

B o o said...

Happy Birthday, Gauri! Such a special day too! Did you know you share your birthday with Akshay Kumar? :D

mummyjaan said...

Happy b'day Gauri!

mnamma said...

Happy Birthday Gauri!! Hope you had a wonderful day!!!

Sujatha said...

Happy birthday! Wishing you a wonderful year ahead!

Rohini said...

Happy birthday :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Gauri.

radha

Anonymous said...

Wish you a very Happy Birthday!! Have Fun!

Bhavani

upsilamba said...

A very happy birthday to you, dear Gauri!! Wishing you a very happy year ahead.

Btw,made payasam?

Kodi's Mom said...

classic Gee-style. :)
happy b'day, special one!

DDmom said...

A very very happy birthday to you, Gauri. Wishing you many many many years of happiness and nuttiness.

Lavs said...

Many more happy returns of this day Gauri. We share the same birth dates...so hopefully, i will turn out like you in a few years!!!

So rhyme so well..and i was wondering how aparna managed to write to poems at such a young age. I got my answer today.

Tharini said...

:)

Shobana said...

Happy Birthday Gauri!!!!

Cantaloupes.Amma (CA) said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Gauri !

Mystic Margarita said...

A very happy birthday to you, Gauri! :) Hope your day was filled with lots of happiness!

Random Thoughts said...

Thanks all for being part of GV's life...

Sundar Narayanan said...

many more happy returns of the day.

:)

Gauri said...

Thank you all so very much for your warm wishes :).

Collection Of Stars said...

Happy birthday Gauri :)

Sue said...

Gauriiiiiiiiiiiiiiii -- happy birthday. :) Belated, I know, but hey, enjoy the weekend.

love,
Sue

IMCurtain said...

Lovely post! Dropping by...

p/s: We would like to invite all of you to join our blogging community which helps you to get more visitors to your blogs. It's totally free and you get the chance to meet other celebrity bloggers. Visit us at IMCurtain

Nagesh.MVS said...

Nice post dropping.

Work From Home

preetischronicle said...

Hi Gauri, belated happy birthday to you, we share the same birthdates :)

dipali said...

Very very belated birthday wishes Gauri- hope you had a blast!

the mad momma said...

belated birthday wishes Gauri. big big hugs from all of us :)

Just Like That said...

awww, Gauri, I missed the day, but never.. have a GREAT year ahead!

Nagesh.MVS said...

WOW COOL.

Work From Home