29 June, 2009

An aquatic herbivore ????

"Who eats grass ?"

If I were to ask the nutty siblings this question, I'd be rewarded with some weird looks, for sure !!

And instead of a straight answer to the question, they'd probably end up asking me something like "Don't you know the answer to that question ? You really really don't ?"

The way we've been taught, it is normally herbivores who eat grass. The Wikipedia defines a Herbivore thus.

Where am I going with this ?

It so happens that the other day I saw something in our aquarium that made my eyes pop out of their sockets (well, almost !!).

One of the our little pet fishes was chomping away on grass. It actually seemed to be relishing it. Chomp Chomp Chomp Chomp ...... on and on it went ..... until it had eaten that whole bunch of grass. It would have put a cow to shame, I tell you.

If I were to tell someone this, they'd probably react the same way Macademia and Pecan did when I told them about it.

"nooooooooooooo waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy" they screamed in unison.

Well - I don't blame you if you don't believe me either. But go ahead and take a look ........


Like someone once said

"Families are like fudge. Mostly sweet with a few nuts."

This fudgy,nutty family, however, seem to be having a rather liberal sprinkling of nuts around us :D.

It's not just us - our pets are nutty too !!!!!!!!

post signature

3 voice(s) said so:

GettingThereNow said...

What???? Don't you feed her/him?? Poor thing had to eat GRASS??

:D

choxbox said...

wow!

Neera said...

:) I echo the wow