09 April, 2008

The Three Hundredth Post !!!!!!!

Wow !! Has it really been that many posts ?

I don’t, for the life of me, feel as though there have been that many. I certainly did not expect there to be that many. But my blog says something else :-). And since Math has never been my forte, I’ll take what blogger says. And blogger does indeed say that I’ve published 299 posts on Tiny Tidbits.

Blogging has been and still is such a wonderful experience. When I first started blogging, about 20 months back, the sole purpose was to chronicle the growing up years of the nutty siblings.

During the earlier days, there was hardly any traffic to my blog and I would find just a single comment somewhere in the midst of many many posts. As the months rolled past, I did realise that there were quite a few people out there who did visit Tiny Tidbits to read the escapades of the nutty siblings. Slowly but steadily, traffic to the blog grew further and further and the comment box began to fill. And this served as further motivation – not entirely in a narcissistic sense but also as a gentle and steady reminder that motherhood or parenthood serves to bring so many people under one single umbrella.

It also brought about a concrete realization that the joy, the angst, the worries, the thrills that parenting brings along – is a common thread that is shared by parents universally and that this thread is a very very strong one. It is a thread that is very solid and extremely resilient. It brings virtual strangers together as each one knows exactly what the other is going through. And empathy is a very strong emotion.

The other day, I happened to be browsing through my own posts – which had been published when Tiny Tidbits was babe in the blogging woods and I was a totally fresh blogger. I found myself automatically pulled down-memory-lane while reading those early posts. And I did find myself wondering and marvelling at the fact that just over a span of a year and a half or so, the nutty siblings have grown and changed so much. There have been so many new shades added to their personalities and many shades that have been shed over this period of time.

And those few minutes of travel that Tiny Tidbits took me on, back into the past which had already flitted and flown past, came the feeling that this was precisely what the blog was intended for. Serve as a memory capsule for those moments already gone by.
I do so hope that this online journal serves as a rich source of delight for the nutty siblings too, much later in the future. Once they grow up, it would be nice to see them delving into these memoirs and saying rather sheepishly "Hey. Did I do that ?" :-). Wishful thinking, huh !! ??

I was and very much am indeed glad and thankful to the many people and that one Universal Force that looks after the entire Universe, for having nudged me into this world of blogging, for showing me a path, for having directed my thoughts towards the possibility of writing and publishing something online. And to Vic in specific, as he was the driving force that took me that one last mile that I had to traverse in order to take the plunge into this wonderful world of blogs.

Not in the wildest of my dreams had I imagined that blogging would open up a whole new world for me. On a micro level, in terms of having a vent wherein I could channelise my thought processes and pen them down. On a macro level, the number of friends that the blogging world has brought me. This is indeed one of the greatest blessings that I’ve had.

Never had I imagined that one day in my life, when I sat down with a globe or an atlas in my hand and dreamt of travelling to places far and wide – there would be an additional dimension – that of meeting up with friends who are spread all over this globe. It is a feeling that never fails to delight me. Never did I imagine that the bonds that formed online would grow so very strong.
They did.
My online friends have become one of the greatest sources of encouragement and support. And the camaraderie that I feel with many of them is a treasure beyond description.

And last but most definitely not the least, I do owe a huge word of thanks to the nutty siblings for providing me with a continuous and steady stream of raw material to be penned and published on Tiny Tidbits :-).

So here I am, drumming up my 300th post on Tiny Tidbits. And as I do so, I cannot think of a better way to end this post than with a saying by Jelaluddin Rumi (a 13th century Sufi poet), which perfectly describes how this foray into the blogging world began for me.
“Drumsound rises on the air,
its sound, my heart.
A voice inside the beat says
“I know you’re tired, but come.
This is the way.”

And what a lovely voyage it has been so far. I do very much hope to continue chugging along on this railroad as long as I can, with all my heart and soul lovingly invested in this journey.

Like Confucius once said

“Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart.”

post signature

21 voice(s) said so:

~nm said...

Congratulations! Mubaraka! :D

reading the older posts truly is one great walk down the memory lane. It really makes me happy too! And isn't it that we started blogging in the first place? :D

Wishing you many many such milestones! Keep writing and we will keep reading!!

Altoid said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Altoid said...

Congrats G! Awesome-O. 300 posts is remarkable. And if you did poll ;), the quirky tag post from the siblings will be my all time favorite! Whenever I need a good laugh, I come back for it :D.

Keep going and we'll keep coming.

Swati said...

Congrats !!!!

Suki said...

Wow, congrats!

Candyfloss said...

Wow! That's wonderful, congratulations! Here's to 500, and more! :-)

Random Thoughts said...

Congrats!

Also, it became a medium for me to keep in touch with my family...at my own sweet free time...did not miss much..while galavanting around the world...most of the time in the PRC...

mayG said...

hey congrats girl!
:D
You're so right about the amazing thought of traveling all over the world and having good friends there already!
oh and i just loved Rumi's words

Orchid said...

congratulations girl!!..as a mom i look upto you, i come back to gather some inspiration..its amazing to see u indulge the kids in every sense-culturally, academically, socially.. so keep wiritng and we'll keep coming back!

Kodi's Mom said...

300! that was quick!!! count me as one of your long time followers :) I found you through Tharini when you were on post #3 or so, and have been hooked ever since. wish you many more 'nutty' posts!

DotMom said...

congrats..lets open some virtual bubbly now, shall we. 300 is a significant milestone and I sincerely hope they turn into 3000 very very soon. I love reading your posts. You also have a knack for unearthing the most appropriate and pithy quotes. I always look forward to the quotes in your posts. Let the posts come!

Asha said...

Congrats! That was a lovely post :)

Poppins said...

Congratulations Gauri ! As always a lovely post to commemorate the 300 posts ! 300 ! 300! That seems like such a HUGE number.

It's a wonderful thing you're doing here, tirelessly recording memories.

Sunita said...

Congratulations!!!! Your creative ideas for your kids and quotes are an absolute stand out

Heres wishing for many more such milestones.

Gauri said...

@ All : Thank you all so much.

Rohini said...

Wow! 300! Congratulations...

This is cue for me to take my 100 posts in over two years and go drown myself ;)

ddmom said...

Congratulations! 300 posts in just 20 months? Amazing!! Heres to the 500 and more...

dipali said...

Congratulations, Gauri. Your posts are always beautifully written, and your collection of wonderful sayings is just amazing. Looking forward to zillions of more posts from you!

the mad momma said...

hey Gauri - congrats... keep writing... as someone said - we'll be around reading when its 3000 too...

karmickids said...

Congratulations Gauri and may there be many hundreds of more posts to come.

WhatsInAName said...

Its never too late to wish, or so I feel :) So here I come the official-belated-wisher!
Let me be a little bit selfish this time and pray that Gouri writes more of 100s of such posts and keeps delighting me! :)