18 June, 2007

The Thinking Blogger Award........

....... has been bestowed upon me by Boo.


When I started blogging about a year ago, my sole purpose was to document the childhood memories of both Appu and Abhay. The small things, the little things that might well get brushed off to the corners of the mind or even the sub-conscious when more pertinent and serious issues start to crowd in, as they grow up.

What I did not quite realise was that somewhere along the way, my blog could actually end up having an impact, a lasting kind of an influence on the minds of the people reading it.

And the fact that it does have a bearing on the thought processes of the people frequenting my blog, is indeed, a honour in itself.

For bringing this to the fore and making me realise it, Thank you, Boo :-).

And I would like to pass this award on to five bloggers who I have come to respect tremendously. And they are .....

Usha : I have never left Usha's blog without having gained some more insight into the way the human mind works. The questions she raises, her astute observations combined with her own brand of witticism, makes for some very pleasurable yet very thought provoking reading.

Anitha Murthy : She is such a gifted and versatile writer. She is gifted with the ability to turn even something as mundane as a pressure cooker into the centrepiece of a story. And then again, she is equally capable of setting thought processes racing for e.g with posts which query whether there is such a thing as “Good Provocation” and “Bad Provocation” :-).

Starry Nights : Her gentle nature and calm demeanour and thoughtfulness stands out her blog. And her ever positive outlook is something I really admire.

Ardra : About a year back, when I was new to Blogsville, Ardra’s blogs were among the first ones that I got hooked to. Why do I say blogs in plural ? Because she has two blogs – Twilight Musings and Creative Dabbles. Be it general issues or book reviews, she is very honest and forthright – two very highly appreciable qualities in the world of today.

Hip Hop Grandmom – more affectionately known as “The Grandmom who paints the town red in her Maruti Alto” :-) What I love about her posts is the fact that they are always on a very even keel, very soundly thought about and very focused on the matter on hand. She has a very straightforward way of putting the issue across and I do very much value her opinion on a lot of issues.

If you choose to pass this award on, these are the Thinking Blogger Award rules:

This award was started here.

You have to award five others whose blog you think deserve this award.

Should you choose to participate, please make sure you pass this list of rules to the blogs you are tagging.

Write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.

Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.

Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote.

Please, remember to tag blogs with real merits, i.e. relative content, and above all — blogs that really get you thinking!


post signature

7 voice(s) said so:

Trishna said...

Congrats Gauri!!If anyone deserves this award.. you do..I have come to love your blog over the last couple of months..you are a great inspiration to me and so many others :)
Looking forward to more fun posts from you :)

Usha said...

Gauri, Thanks for the sweet words. I will write about this in my next post. Still settling down - will come back during the day for the other posts.

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Gauri, and thanks for thinking of me.

ano

Ardra said...

Gauri!
while I was not surprised to see you being chosen for this award, this was one tag I was sure I wouldnt be tagged with. I've been feeling quite indifferent wrt my blog these days but now that u've honoured me with this award, guess I should try to break free from my cocoon of apathy...
Thank you for thinking of me Gauri...

itchingtowrite said...

congratd!!

Ardra said...

Gauri!
Please check out:
http://ardramaamsandhyakal.blogspot.com/2007/06/me-thinking-blogger.html

rgds
ardra

starry nights said...

Gauri..thank you so much for this award.and the sweet words. I will try and do this tag.