09 February, 2007

The Gingerbread Man


This was the book which was sent from the kindergarten in Abhay's Book Bag. This was his reading material for the week.


And he just loves this book - mainly because he loves to sing


"Run Run as fast as you can. You can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man"

Today morning, while having his breakfast too, he wanted me to read this book out to him.

While we were well into the book, he suddenly asked me

"What's the Gingerbread Man wearing ?"

It threw me off balance cos I've never really thought of what the Gingerbread Man was "Wearing".

I turned the question back at him saying "You tell me"

And Abhay said "He's wearing pajamas. Orange colour pajamas".

"Why do you call them pajamas Abhay ?" I asked him

"There's a buttons" "One Two Three Buttons" came the reply.

Actually, come to think of it, after he said that, it did kind of look like those little baby onesies with the big buttons ......

........ or is my imagination playing tricks now !!


6 voice(s) said so:

starry nights said...

They do look like htose onesies.

Just a grail said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Just a grail said...

What a smart boy! It does look like he is wearing orange PJ's. Isn't it funny that as adults we can see something over and over but it takes the eyes of a child, to really help us see! :-)

Orchid said...

Hey gauri,
Nice blog..I am yet to read some of the posts. We (A and I) love the Gingerbread Man too :) How old is your child?

MAA said...

Hi Gauri, I enjoyed reading your posts, especially since I could relate to a lot of them, my kids being around the same age...

Gauri said...

Just a Grail : Its so true. We adults just don't "see" things the way children do. It's the innocence at that age I guess ...

Orchid & Maa : Welcome to my blog and I do hope to see you around more often:-) Keep visiting...