07 February, 2007

Amma, Mama ........ Nah Nah Nah

Right from the time he started to speak, till the time he was around 2 ½ years old, guess what Abhay used to call me …..

Not Amma, Not Ammai, Not Mummy, Not Mama but ………..

Maiyya !!!!

Oh Yes !! He used to call me Maiyya :-)

I still remember that little voice calling out in lilting tones
“MMMaaaiiiyaaa MMMaaaaiiiyaa”

I still get to hear Maiyya nowadays, though on rare occasions – not from Abhay though. :-)

At times, when Vic has to tell me something or ask for something across rooms, I still hear “Eh Maiiyyaaaaaa….”

3 voice(s) said so:

@ said...

Maiyya sounds unique and special!
Too bad he's not calling you that anymore...
ok, now after reading this, I çan't get the MAyya, Mayya song out of my head! look what you've done :)

The Mad Momma said...

LOL!!!! the brat called me amma for a while which completely threw me too because i teach him to call me mamma... wonder where they pick it up from.

mommyof2 said...

lol! kids are teaching parents some cute things;-)