12 September, 2006

Do I look like a Toilet ?????!!!!!!!!

This happened a few days back – I just realised that I’d not penned it down as yet.

Appu came back from school on afternoon proclaiming quite loudly “I don’t like PE”.

Sometimes she says things like these when she gets back from school with bandicoots running helter skelter inside of her tummy.

But after she had her afternoon snack, there it was again – “Mummy I don’t like PE”.

Hmmm – the matter required some delving into !!

When asked why, she locked eyes with me. A fierce glare !. Hands on her hips completed the picture.

And she said

“Mummy – Do I look like a toilet ?”

Oh Boy !! What was that again ??

“Do I look like a toilet ?” – Each word spoken very precisely - actually felt like stones dropping into a pool of water.

When I asked her placatingly, in an earnest effort to calm down some apparently ruffled feathers

“Appu What Happened ?”

she said

“Today…… Today when we were waiting for the other class to finish their PE so that we could start playing, our teachers asked us to stand under a tree cos it was very sunny. And then ………….. chee – something very terrible happened”

And there I was, conjuring up all kinds of images …… when she says

"A bird dropped on me".

"Bird dropped on you ??"

"mummmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" - a very exasperated screech resulted !!

“A bird pooped on me. One bird’s dropping fell on me”.

"Ohhhhh - Like That ................" I said

I asked her what she did and she went on to tell me that she’d wiped it off. I asked her whether she had washed her hands after this particular “incident” and sighed a huge sigh of relief when she answered in the affirmative.

I then told her not to go sit under trees and if at all she absolutely had to, to keep some extra tissues in her uniform pocket. And to remember to wash her hands after PE, irrespective of whether a bird chose to use her as a toilet or not.

I thought the matter would end there but it did not.

She just went on and on and on and on and on about it till matters reached a stage where I thought a little humour was definitely justified to bring this particular discussion to a close.

The next time she mentioned this to me again, I told her

“You know Appu, actually you should be thanking God”.

“Why” she asked with a quizzical expression on her face.

“Thank God, Cows don’t fly”. I said.

The penny dropped and so did her jaw. :-))

3 voice(s) said so:

mommyof2 said...

lol :-) Even though I knew the incident still couldn't stop laughing:-) Just imagine cows sitting on trees & taking dump..
:-))))
heavy & smelly imagination..:-)

@ said...

i've heard this joke before, but kudos to you for your presence of mind for using it at the right circumstance! :)

Amimu said...

interesting read ...