27 July, 2006

Move Over Brylcreem .........

Yesterday was Appu's sixth swimming session and come bedtime she was complaining of aching calves (calf muscles - it is better that I be specific). She wanted me to put some Vicks and sure enough, Abhay plonked himself on the mattress too saying "Bicks Menam".

Once both of them had their legs Bicksed (I've heard of legs being waxed - but legs being bicksed !!!) Abhay took the bottle of Vicks and put it back where it belonged. I excused myself and went off to the bathroom to wash my hands and little did I know that he had taken the bottle of Vicks back from the shelf. Now he knows that the first thing I would do when I got back into the bedroom is to turn the lights off ..... so much the better for him.

Both Appu and Abhay were on their respective mattresses goofing around for a while and all of a sudden, akin to throwing a switch, Appu was fast asleep and snoring softly.

I was just lying there waiting for Abhay to go off to sleep and he chose just that time to practice his rhymes, numbers and what have you. I could smell Vicks all along but just assumed that since I had applied Vicks on their legs, the smell persisted.

Today morning when I was brushing his teeth, I could still smell Vicks on him. Now how could that happen ?? It was then that I noticed his hair standing out in spikes on top of his head and towards the sides of his head they were kind of plastered to his scalp.

Oh Yes !!!!!

He had been busy applying Bicks all over his head last night whilst I thought he was busy with his rhymes. Talk about red herrings !!!!

Just to have it on record, after he had his milk in the morning, he had his picture taken - that too a profile - looks like one of those "Wanted" pictures.

There he is - a very very "Bicksed Up" Abhay !!!

3 voice(s) said so:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»