22 July, 2006

Amma Bicks Podhuva .........

Like I said earlier, it was a pretty strenous day at swimming and at night as she got ready for bed, Appu complained of aches in her legs. She asked me "Mummy can you please put Vicks for me ?"

Now it so happens that Abhay is a great fan of anything that can be smeared over one's body - be it vaseline, vicks (he calls it Bicks), calamine lotion - anything .....

Sometimes I think of how it is in India - before prayers - vibhuti is generally smeared over the head in four broad strokes as well as on the arm, chest and what have you. Had he seen someone doing that high probability that he would have smeared himself with vibhuti from head to toe.

I got the Vicks bottle from the medicine drawer and when I got to the bedroom was I in for a surprise ???

There they were - both of them - sitting on their respective mattresses - with their pajamas pulled up to their knees. And then Abhay tells me "Amma Bicks Podhuva" and just to be sure that I was going to smear some Vicks on his legs he goes "Amma Vicks Podharen - Amma Vicks Podharen"....

My sister-in-law is another big fan of Vicks Vaporub and judging by the way Appu and Abhay are taking to Vicks too - shouldn't be long before Procter & Gamble decide to give us a family discount :-)) !!!!!

4 voice(s) said so:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»